Thunderbird topology

MJWestkamper mjwestkamper at weiinc.com
Tue Apr 16 18:52:52 UTC 2019

Good afternoon (EST).

There were discussions some time ago regarding the ability to archive
and backup using Thunderbird.  In part one issue was the ability to
archive e-mail on a different device, say a server or different disk,
from the primary Thunderbird database.

One example; many users use a laptop for their e-mail client. Generally
they have somewhat limited disk space and many use a SSD. E-mail chains
can get very lengthy and may include graphics and attachments. The
e-mail database can get very large very quickly.

My comment relates to the topic here when considering topology. Where
and how the data are stored should consider the ability to not only
backup at a different location but to provide a indexable archive, at a
different location.

There are a lot of ways to implement something like this, and the
selected topology can make easy or hard. I hasten to add there are a lot
more issues to resolve when considering an archive and backup, this is
just one.

Mike

--
MJ Westkamper | WEI Inc.| 379 Middlesex Turnpike | Old Saybrook CT.
06475 | (860) 388-3038