Rebranding Tunderbird to Firefox Mail

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Sat Apr 13 20:46:20 UTC 2019

On 12-04-2019 22:30, Eyal Rozenberg wrote:
> n 12/04/2019 20:31, Ryan Sipes wrote:
>> we should find identifiable places where work can be done on
>> current Thunderbird that will be reusable in the event that we begin
>> writing a mobile app in the future.
> No, we don't need to do that - and those of us in paid capacity should
> avoid spending time on doing that, since there is no decision to move
> towards writing mobile phone mail app.

Eyal, I think you'll find yourself pretty lonely in this view.

Making sure components are loosely coupled is basic best practice in
software engineering. There is no good reason not to keep possible
future reuse in another context in mind, and hope that at one point
synergies from that will pay off.

  -Magnus