Rebranding Tunderbird to Firefox Mail

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 18:29:52 UTC 2019

Garrafrauns, 12/Apr/2019 19:29

Dear Walter L,

> How am I viewing HTML mail then if it doesn't have web browser capabilities?
with the HTML viewing engine? That's not necessarily the same as a web browser. For
instance, HTML Emails do not support JavaScript; a big part of the web becomes borked
if you switch off the JavaScript engine in your browsers. Also  links in Thunderbird
usually open an external web browser, for a reason. maybe you do not want to store all
your Internet Passwords in your mail client, and maybe you do not want to have to
enter a strong master password every time you open your mail client.

I store most of my many unique website passwords in my (Waterfox) browser encrypted on
my local machine, I do not care for Thunderbird "knowing" them.

regards,
   Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,