Rebranding Tunderbird to Firefox Mail

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Apr 11 04:12:10 UTC 2019

Ryan Sipes wrote on 10.04.19 17:52:

> I would be willing to help chase this if we had folks interested in
> contributing to the effort and who could help identify places where we
> can use components that would work for both use cases.
>
> Just thinking out loud, none of this represents anyone else's opinions.

It surely represents my opinion. :-)

I desperately need a proper email client on my Android phone. One that
can quote properly, file messages into folders, do threading etc.

If TB:Next was done right, it would consist of self-contained libraries
that can be reused. The UI would be only a thin layer (maybe 20% of the
code) on top of UI-agnostic core logic code, which itself sits on top of
reusable libraries.

And if all these libraries are written in JS, it makes things a lot
easier to handle.