New Home Page design

Ryan Sipes ryan at thunderbird.net
Fri Apr 5 19:11:24 UTC 2019

> Generally, simpler is better - let the user focus on what they need,
> and not have a whole lot of unnecessary things around it. That may be
> causing an unnecessary and unwanted distraction.
As someone who fields a lot of questions from our users I can say that
any complexity we add will confuse a portion of people. I know many of
us in these discussions are tech-savvy - but we have a sizeable number
of users who are, um, not tech-savvy. I don't want them to be worried
about version numbers and then getting lost trying to figure out whether
what they are downloading is the "right version". If you click the
download button, you get Thunderbird. That is the experience we want.

Ryan Sipes
Community and Business Development Manager
Thunderbird <https://thunderbird.net>