New Home Page design

alex alessandro at thunderbird.net
Thu Apr 4 17:17:30 UTC 2019

Hey Paul,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Indeed, someone in charge of the
copy is needed. It's not a high priority right now as more design
iterations will happen for the next weeks.

I don't have a preference or a favorite workflow for that matter, so
it's mostly up to Ryan and whoever will be in charge of updating the
content on the site.

Maybe starting to work on a shared document to define the final copy
would be really helpful.
What do you think?

On 2019-04-03 7:13 p.m., Paul Morris wrote:

> Hello Alessandro,
>
> Looking good!  This will be a great improvement.  A few general
> message type things come to mind, things I think we could and should
> highlight that differentiate TB from other email clients.  This is
> mostly a matter of tweaking the text here and there.
>
> Desktop email app, rather than a web-based or mobile app.
>
> As a desktop app it offers more "power user" serious/work/productivity
> type features, in the same arena as say Outlook, etc.  (See for
> example the emphasis of https://www.postbox-inc.com/ )
>
> It's open-source.
>
> Has "user's interests at heart", it's free, but you are not the
> product.  Maybe we could tie this into the donation pitch?
>
> It's cross-platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
>
> Maybe something about who it's for, target users and use cases.
>
> Anyway, I'd be happy to work on/edit/suggest some concrete wording, if
> that would be helpful.
>
> Cheers,
> -Paul
>

> On 4/3/19 5:58 PM, Alessandro Castellani wrote:
>>
>> Hello wonderful people,
>>
>> Thanks to all the feedback, suggestions, and insights you provided,
>> we gathered all the proper information in order to build a solid
>> first page with a great user flow and meaningful funnels.
>> Now it's time to raise the bar and deal with the actual design.
>>
>> https://presentator.ura.design/en/4b9jmLIB?v=4&s=1&m=preview
>>
>> As usual, comments and feedback are welcome, but this time let's try
>> to focus on readability, visual style and consistency, and be sure
>> the page is on brand.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> *Alessandro Castellani*