State of Thunderbird Extensions

u u at 451f.org
Tue Apr 2 11:07:03 UTC 2019

Hi!

On 01.04.19 05:07, Christopher Leidigh wrote:
> In order to focus our efforts as well as educate myself, I've put together
> some ATN database mining
> on both extensions and authors.  I used data bars so far as opposed to
> charts (tricky for me without mouse)
> I'm trying to get the top level stuff first to create some items.  I'm
> hoping to have similar information
> covering Authors for Tuesday's call.  If their questions were requests
> before then I can attempt to answer them.

Your data only accounts for people installing Addons via
addons.thunderbird.org, is that correct?

Users on Debian based operating systems generally install addons from
distro-repositories, or even get them preconfigured (such as users of
the Tails operating system) - which suggests that usage numbers might be
much higher than your chart shows, in particular concerning privacy
related addons such as Torbirdy.

Cheers,
Ulrike