State of Thunderbird Extensions

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:54:01 UTC 2019

Garrafrauns, 1/Apr/2019 19:54

> Why not just have Addons for the Current Version, then a button for
> 'Older versions
you're mixing up two different concepts here.

Current version != Newest version. So in fact current (Tb) == older (Addon).
current(Addon) == beta(Tb)

The Newest Addons can be not compatible with /current /version of Thunderbird 60 (due
to breaking changes in the manifest). If the latest version doesn't work with
Thunderbird Release (60.6.1) what's the point of trying to push it out to people? most
users won't be running the Thunderbird beta.

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,
quickFilters <https://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/quickfilters/>,