State of Thunderbird Extensions

John Bieling john.bieling at gmx.de
Mon Apr 1 15:53:25 UTC 2019

I have a general question about this. When I search inside the AddOn
Mangager, I get just the version compatible with my Thunderbird. So no
issue at all, right?

The problem only arises for users searching for addons via browser, right?

How about just showing an "add to Thunderbird" button there as well,
which actually opens Thunderbird and uses the internal methods to get
the correct version?
Basically freeing the user to actually need to download anything and
installing it manually?

Another option would be to download a meta-package, which contains
multiple versions of the addon and thunderbird picks the correct one
during install?

John