State of Thunderbird Extensions

Geoff Lankow geoff at thunderbird.net
Mon Apr 1 07:51:44 UTC 2019

Here's an example
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/open-with> of
one that's compatible with 65+ (although not with 67+ because that's
awaiting review).

AIUI the most-recently uploaded version is the one that's shown. That's
frustrating because in this case it's not what most people would want,
assuming they used their browser to find it, which is a fairly good
assumption. But it is clearly marked with compatibility information and
links to other versions so not quite so bad.

I have talked about having a setting in ATN for "the most recent TB
release version" and by default displaying the add-on version compatible
with it, but that hasn't happened yet. I'll look into it some more
because it isn't as easy as it sounds.

GL