State of Thunderbird Extensions

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Mon Apr 1 07:37:56 UTC 2019

On 01 Apr 2019 09:31, Geoff Lankow wrote:
> Third, to Jörg, if there are updated add-ons that haven't been
> uploaded yet, why? Is something discouraging authors updating, that we
> can fix?

Well, in my case, ignorance, and yes, that can be fixed. Formerly,
uploading a new version obscured the old version compatible with TB 60,
and authors didn't want that. I understand that you have fixed that, but
I'm still unclear about the mechanics. What do ATN visitors see? What do
they download manually? Is it hard to get to the TB-60-compatible version?

Maybe we can explore this if you point us to an example.

Also, if and add-on was made compatible with - say - TB 66, there is no
guarantee that it's still compatible with TB 68, so authors might just
wait until TB 68 beta ships in May.

Jörg.