State of Thunderbird Extensions

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Mon Apr 1 07:10:05 UTC 2019

On 01 Apr 2019 05:07, Christopher Leidigh wrote:
> In order to focus our efforts as well as educate myself, I've put
> together some ATN database mining
> on both extensions and authors.  I used data bars so far as opposed to
> charts (tricky for me without mouse)
> I'm trying to get the top level stuff first to create some items.

Hi there,

this is very interesting and also a very nice presentation.

Can someone answer the following: How is it possible that add-ons not
even compatible with TB 52 still have up to 25 thousand users, like "DOM
Inspector", "Lookout"? There are more with 5K to 13K users: "JavaScript
Debugger", "MinimizeToTray revived", "FireTray", "AttachmentExtractor",
"Color Folders", "Remove Duplicate Messages".

As for the TB 61+ compatibility: There are some add-ons which have
compatible version but which haven't been uploaded to ATN yet.

Jörg.