UX Roundtable Discussion on Thursday

Ryan Sipes ryan at thunderbird.net
Mon Sep 24 17:16:11 UTC 2018

Hey Guenter,

The recording had sound issues, but I think that turned out for the
better because I can provide a summary here that is much more clear and
time-effective.

1. We created a form for folks to fill out that have interest in
contributing to UX: https://bit.ly/thunderbirdux

2. We're in the process of spinning up a Mattermost with an IRC channel
bridge to provide a real-time chat for folks who want to discuss their
UX contributions. (popping your information in that form ensures you
will get an invite and further updates regarding this).

3. We then discussed areas where we could have a positive effect and
contribute to UX, they were:

  * Problem areas outlined in the Usability Study:
    https://github.com/uracreative/works/blob/master/Thunderbird/Thunderbird%20Usability%20Study.pdf
  * Downloads and Attachment management to improve everyday workflows
  * Menus and Settings Improvements to make things easier to navigate
    and understand (such as turning some frequently used menu items into
    active elements of the UI

4. We discussed certain tools we could use to share UX mock-ups and
ideas, they were:

  * Envision
  * UXPen
  * Figma
  * Presentator.io

5. We discussed the frequency with which we should meet, I think we
shall discuss that further once we get our communication channels set up.

If you would like to be part of the discussion and effort going forward,
please add your Email address to our list via the form:
https://bit.ly/thunderbirdux

Questions? Concerns? Feedback?

Ryan Sipes
Community Manager