Extension development for beta

Tony Mechelynck antoine.mechelynck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:50:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 3:07 PM Onno Ekker <o.e.ekker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Axel,
> There actually used to be a beta channel or development channel on amo, you're not imagining this. I guess Mozilla dropped this, because there was no more need for a development channel with webextensions, or they thought it was a security issue, because with the development channel users had the option to install unreviewed add-ons, which might contain viruses or do harmful things to the users browsing experience…
> It's be great if the development channel would be reinstated on addons.thunderbird.net…
> Onno

It is still there. By scrolling down
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/?sort=updated
(the "Latest updated extensions" page) an orange and black hatched
button strikes my eye: it is for DOM Inspector Plus! [dm] 2.0.17.1.5
by Javier "Darth Madara", and its extension page
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/dom-inspector-dm/?src=cb-dl-updated
includes just under the orange hatched button the warning "This add-on
has been marked as experimental by its developers".

Best regards,
Tony.