Extension development for beta

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:04:34 UTC 2018

Dear Geoff,

please don't confuse ESR60 with Thunderbird beta. (tb63) - the ESR (thunderbird 60.*)
supports using install.rdf - so you can keep using that unless you want to support
beta versions.

For testing beta versions I would suggest creating a separate batch script for
buildng. I haven't managed to get mine fully compatible yet but it should be
definitely possible to start from the same sources without being forced to "fork" code
at this stage - let the batch script do the rest. You will need to build 2 different
versions but you can use minver & maxver to control the behavior on ATN. Nothing stops
you from releasing both versions alternately - they should be picked up by the update
mechanism based on minver / maxver.

As regards having a separate beta trail, I think this would be the best option (we had
this on AMO but I think it was removed again). Is this something that ATN could
reintroduce?

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,