Announcement: Owl: Exchange support for Thunderbird

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at signal100.com
Sat Oct 13 02:55:24 UTC 2018

On 13/10/2018 03:26, Jim wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:26 PM Mark Rousell
> <mark.rousell at signal100.com <mailto:mark.rousell at signal100.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is very interesting. I wasn't aware that they were willing to
>     license EAS for free. This could be very useful for the right project.
>

> Not only that, there's a Mozilla-implemented JS ActiveSync client
> already available: <https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/jsas>. (You may
> also want <https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia-email-libs-and-more>
> for some stuff; I don't remember where we divided things up exactly...)
>
> I have no idea whatsoever how licensing is handled though. Not my area. :)

Wow, thanks for these links (and for the code if you were one of the
authors!).

It's easy to forget it now but an awful lot of work must have gone into
building FirefoxOS/B2G. I think it's a great shame that it didn't take off.

The latter link above has some useful information on licensing.

( Also: Reading some of the docs linked from Github, I see that there is
is also an Android EAS stack written in Java. Git link on this page:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Email/ActiveSync )

--
Mark Rousell