Re: Thunderbird Beta 63 — Beta Notes (63.0beta)

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Fri Oct 12 19:40:27 UTC 2018

I suggest adding a link from that Release Notes page to the guide(s) for
add-on authors - with an appropriate caveat regarding how it's not
relevant to regular users.

And another point:

The version changes have kind of lost me as an add-on author; I usually
feel like I haven't kept up with the changes, as each new version number
means something else that's broken, or broken in a different way, or a
previous fix won't work etc. I tend to believe that many add-on
maintainers have a similar perception of things, and with each version
with breaking changes are more likely to adopt a "whoa, let's just wait
this out and not do any work until Thunderbird has 'settled' somewhat".

So, how close is version 63b to being "settled"? Or at least - can we be
sure that no more significant breakage is planned?

Eyal

PS - I realize this page:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_63
suggests the answer is "No", but perhaps you can provide something more
concrete.