Announcement: Owl: Exchange support for Thunderbird

Mihovil Stanić mihovil at miho.im
Thu Oct 11 19:25:33 UTC 2018

11.10.2018 u 20:37, Mark Rousell je napisao/la:

> Of course, EAS (ActiveSync) would be the best, longer-term supported
> third party access protocol but that requires a patent licence. May I
> ask, did you look into doing that?

EAS is standard which hardly changes and is used by most clients. I
think even Outlook uses or used EAS at one point.
Concerning licence, I don't think you need licence if program is open
source and you are not selling it, so Thunderbird fits right in.

For example SoGo is based in USA or Canada if I remember correctly, and
it's using EAS in their open source groupware program. GroupOffice is
also using EAS implementation, and they are based in Europe.

Best regards,
Mihovil