Thunderbird 60.2.1 updates are DISABLED

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 5 08:58:32 UTC 2018

On 05/10/2018 09:51, Óvári wrote:

> When is it planned that Thunderbird will support "*" for the
> maxVersion tag?
> <em:maxVersion>*</em:maxVersion>

Personally, the only way I can see this ever happening is for
WebExtensions only - which would be ones that use just the Thunderbird
provided WebExtension APIs. Once WebExtension APIs are confirmed/shipped
they shouldn't be changing ever (in theory).

For other types of add-ons, I think this shouldn't happen - anything can
be changed in the core, and so a change could break an add-on at any
time, and an add-on author in that case should be prepared to check for
new versions & adverse effects.

Mark