Thunderbird 60 beta - marketing the changes / improvements

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:17:52 UTC 2018

On 3/27/2018 9:25 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On Mon Mar 26 2018 12:44:50 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Tanstaafl
> <tanstaafl at libertytrek.org> wrote:
>> Wouldn't it make sense to first answer the question of whether or not 60
>> will completely and totally break all Addons, as was suggested by
>> Patrick here (to say this is extremely concerning to me would be an
>> understatement):
> Ok, while it has been established that, for now at least, 60 apparently
> won't break all Addons, I'd really like to hear if anyone has pursued at
> or at least given serious thought to something Philipp Kewisch mentioned
> about a year ago with respect to adding our own WebExtension APIs just
> for Thunderbird to make it easier (or even possible) to do the things we
> want/need to be able to do.

You are a bit behind. There is already a statement about webextensions
at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57 - a link which
as been posted multiple times.

If you are looking for something more definitive or descriptive, no one
has the cycles to dig into this more deeply right now, as we are
currently burdened with many other tasks - like version 60, etc.

But more hands, i.e. volunteers, would make light work.