Thunderbird 60 beta - marketing the changes / improvements

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Mar 26 17:11:15 UTC 2018

I should have explicitly acknowledged the (obvious) fact that Patrick's
email was about 61, but how many times have things like this been
introduced in one version, only to be 'back-ported'?

Meaning, just because he first experienced it in a build of 61 doesn't
mean it won't be applied to the codebase for 60.

So, I still think the question needs to be addressed. Someone who has
access needs to ask Mozilla for an explicit answer to this question, so
that we KNOW what to expect - if for no other reason than to at least
know for certain that TB60 will be the last one that supports legacy Addons.

That would (or should) make a huge difference in the priorities of the
next TB Council (the elections for which are happening as we speak).