Donations to Thunderbird

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Wed Mar 14 19:51:20 UTC 2018

Moin Harry,

thank you for the elaborate response and suggestions! We totally agree that it should be possible to donate via SEPA without extra charges. The fees likely incur for the wire transfer to the US, which happens in the background.

We’re working with the Mozilla Foundation to make all of what you said possible, and hope to provide you (all) with an update about that soon! We will likely not need to spin off our own foundation, but we are investigating our options as well.

Once we have a way to collect donations without extra charges in Germany, it will work just the same way in France and the rest of the European payment region.

Philipp