Re: Thunderbird’s future: a modern addressbook

CardBook cardbook.thunderbird at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:40:29 UTC 2018

Hi All

2/ CardBook works without the Thunderbird standard address book. It has
two regresssions, which are linked to the same function that cannot be
overwritten :

     a/ the Junk emails Settings

     b/ the quick filterbar and its "Contact" button

4/ yes of course I will continue to work on it whatever its integration
or not. For me it is far from being finished. If I may choose I'd like
to be integrated like Lightning, ie as an addon that can be easily
removed or replaced.

imho CardBook starts to be a pretty decent address book but I don't know
if it is a modern addressbook : CardBook is written in javascript, xul,
css, xml bindings and an indexedDB database, so no "new technologies".
It is relatively handy until 10 000 contacts but above writing an email
is slow.

do not hesitate if you have any other questions :O)

Philippe