Re: Thunderbird’s future: a modern addressbook

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Tue Mar 13 17:04:43 UTC 2018

What about Philippe Vigneau, the extension's developer, himself? Can't
he tell us most of the answer to no. 2, and possibly help with no. 3?
Also, it looks like he's actively updating the extension, so probably
the answer to 4 is "Yes".

Anyway, I'm willing to volunteer time (probably around the end of this
month) to read through the extension code and to the extent I can
manage, the parts of the core code involving the address book, and map
out what I can in terms of answers. If nobody else has gotten to this
before I have, that is.

Final note - can you elaborate a bit (either on- or off-list) about the
"processes" you mentioned an extension author gets into if his/her
extension gets integrated into the core code?

Eyal