Re: Thunderbird’s future: a modern addressbook

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Mar 13 11:06:25 UTC 2018

On Mon Mar 12 2018 20:44:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), TT Mooney
<ttmooney at ttmooney.com> wrote:
> I mentioned Cardbook earlier, and it wasn’t because I think there’s
> a problem with it. It just isn’t a bundled solution. So, for most
> people it isn’t visible.
>
> Nearly everyone needs a decent address book. What do we have to do to
> make sure we have one in a default installation?
There was a discussion some tim eback about simply integrating Carbook
into the core code.

One question, or objection, that came up was the license wasn't
compatible. The Cardbook author (can't remember who now) was asked, and
agreed that they would be happy to relicense the code to overcome this
objection.

I don't recall anything more of substance happening after that.

It seems to me that this would at least be a very good starting point?