Re: Thunderbird’s future: a modern addressbook

TT Mooney ttmooney at ttmooney.com
Tue Mar 13 00:44:10 UTC 2018

Hi Magnus —

Yes, I’ve seen plans for an address book rewrite on the list. Those plans go back maybe a year? I just wonder what the blocking issue is with starting.

I mentioned Cardbook earlier, and it wasn’t because I think there’s a problem with it. It just isn’t a bundled solution. So, for most people it isn’t visible.

Nearly everyone needs a decent address book. What do we have to do to make sure we have one in a default installation?