A point of reference

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Mar 8 13:26:42 UTC 2018

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 wrote on 08.03.18 05:58:
> I've opined about DB design several times in here and/or m.d.a.t.
> There's even a document floating around with a WebIDL definition for
> the database.

Is there a comprehensive document that describes the problems with past
approaches (Mork, SQL), your ideal database design, with both
implementation and API, and rationales why you think certain details are
important and their impact? If that exists, could you please point me to
it, so that I can capture it for TB:NG? If not, would you mind writing one?

I think half a page for past approaches, max. one letter page each for
1) design, 2) API and 3) DB implementation details would be sufficient.

I really do want to consider your thoughts, but they need to come in
form of what we should do, and why.