A point of reference

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Wed Mar 7 20:07:23 UTC 2018

Ben, can you name any significant applications written in JS? I don't
know any - let alone C++ apps switching to Javascript. (I don't mean
C++/native code core and JS for plugins/glue code like Mozilla has.) Can
you be specific about the application whose conversion from C++ to JS
you had led, as an example?

Maybe JS is fast enough like you suggest; still, that's a weird argument
you're making about the "10 to 1" when many people (like me) have not
heard about any one of these 10.

I would also be interested to see some robust performance comparisons
between JS and native versions of certain libraries to be able to
asssess this claim of similar performance to native code.

Eyal