A point of reference

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:42:25 UTC 2018

I don't want to belabor the point too much (the only reason I'm starting
a new thread is because I can't find the message I wanted to hang this
off of), but this cropped up in my news feed recently:

https://github.com/atom/xray, which is billed as an experimental version
of the Atom text editor (one of the most notable Electron-based
applications) with its backend completely rewritten using Rust yet still
retaining an Electron-based UI. It's not entirely clear to me what its
status is (as far as I can tell, it's a Servo-like model: let's
completely rebuild it from the ground up and *maybe* it's useful).

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird module owner