Vision for Thunderbird

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 12:11:30 UTC 2018

> however - I don't think it's a good idea to bring up a pop-up or other content
> requesting money within Thunderbird - except in a very passive and non-intrusive way
> (not a "squeeze"), such as alternating inforgraphics/text while an update is being
> downloaded; or an extra link when there's a prominent button which triggers restart
> etc. It's very easy to cross the fine line of becoming "nagware".

exactly - I meant keeping it as a passivee landing page but changing the content
regularly in order to get noticed. This is not impeding the workflow but it is like
have a free ad page (similar to the start page on a browser) that can be used for
promoting donations once in a while. It could also feature workshops / how-to videos /
blog posts etc. The tgeerm "squeeze page" may have been a bit unlucky - we should
never have a modal window impeding direct access to the Email workflow.

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,
quickFilters <https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfilters/>,