How to bundle locales with Thunderbird

Nomis101 🐝 Nomis101 at web.de
Wed Jun 27 05:56:06 UTC 2018

On 26.06.18 01:02, Adrian Lucrèce Céleste wrote:
> Hello, I'm one of the maintainers of the Thunderbird flatpak, I'm
> wondering how I would bundle locales with Thunderbird at or after build
> time. There's been some discussion here:
> https://github.com/flathub/org.mozilla.Thunderbird/issues/3 but the
> issue has mostly been put on the back-burner because of my ignorance,
> and I'd like to correct that. So if anyone could point me in the right
> direction it'd be much appreciated.

I don't know about flatpaks, but I bundle locales for Thunderird for
macOS. Maybe this is similar. To do so I get the localized files from
here, depending on which version I want to build:

https://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-aurora

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-beta

https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-release

And than specify the locale in the mozconfig. But I need to say, I have
some problems building a localized TB 60. If you want to bundle a lot of
locales, maybe this procedure will be easier:
https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/build/buildsystem/locales.html
But, this did not work for me for Thunderbird, maybe you have more luck.

If you just want to build a language pack, you can also give this a try:
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/08/04/create-a-localized-build-locally/

As I told, I don't know if this works for flatpaks, but maybe it is
helpfull for you.