Fwd: Intent to unship: bootstrapped extensions

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:49:30 UTC 2018

So when can we (Add-ons authors) get a crash course in writing

  * APIs for replacing XPCOM - and how to fast track the code so it lands in
    Thunderbird before it is borked by Firefox code merges
  * replacements for XUL overlays
  * replacements for CSS overlays

What's the time line here? Hopw many months do we have to completely replace the
technology? I have one restartless Add-on, MenuOnTop, ut also uses rdf and xul

I would suggest to start with some weekly meetings between Thunderbird devs and
extension authors so theey can start to understand each others requirements.

Axel

Music Production and Composition
<https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfolders-tabbed-folders/>,
quickFilters <https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/quickfilters/>,