Thunderbird version 60.0 - Release candidate is build 3 - Please use for testing

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Thu Jul 26 11:51:05 UTC 2018

On 7/25/2018 3:24 AM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 22/07/2018 00:32, Wayne Mery wrote:
>> *[1] Version 60 candidate downloads* (English): win32
>> <https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/60.0-candidates/build2/win32/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%2060.0.exe>,
>> win64
>> <https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/60.0-candidates/build2/win64/en-US/Thunderbird%20Setup%2060.0.exe>,
>> mac
>> <https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/60.0-candidates/build2/mac/en-US/Thunderbird%2060.0.dmg>,
>> linux64
>> <https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/60.0-candidates/build2/linux-x86_64/en-US/thunderbird-60.0.tar.bz2>
>> NOTE: win64 is not yet officially released, nor will it be featured
>> on the Thunderbird website until it is officially released. And there
>> is no guarantee the unofficial 64bit download will automatically
>> update to a newer version.  However, you may file bug reports and ask
>> for assistance.
>
> Build 3 which is our release candidate has become available, so please
> use it for testing:
>
> https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/60.0-candidates/build3/
>
> It is very important that localisers check out their localised version.
>
> Jörg.

This comes with a caveat. We have discovered that these candidates (and
the preview as well) are on the BETA channel, which is a bug.  So when
we do actually ship version 60, users who have installed candidates will
want to download and install the official version 60.0, which will put
them on the RELEASE channel.