Thunderbird Governance 2018 - Council Elections - council size, eligibility, and term overlaps

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Jan 19 09:32:06 UTC 2018

On 19/01/18 04:38, Goverenance TB wrote:
>   * Limit council membership to a maximum of two people per
>     company/unit. (this is new)

In order to implement this, each candidate would need to declare their
affiliation(s) at the time of nomination, and then as we worked down the
list of people who were elected, we would have to skip over anyone who
was affiliated with an organization for which two candidates had already
been chosen.

I think this is probably possible, but I will need to look at whether
the OpaVote platform supports it. (The issue would be that if you ask
for 7 people to be elected, it may not tell you who came 8th.)

Gerv