uBlock Origin

Thomas Ludwig t3000+thunderbird at mailbox.org
Wed Apr 25 16:28:57 UTC 2018

Am 25.04.2018 um 03:40 schrieb Ben Bucksch:

> For HTML mails, you can use View | Message body as | Simple HTML
> In 10 years, I've hardly ever missed anything.

I know that, of course. Unfortunately, this means to me that in many
mails important content is missing. I guess it really depends from whom
you're receiving such mails.

> If you want sure protection against tracking, that's what you should
> use. Ad blockers are not bullet proof.

Well, uBlock Origin's Dynamic Filtering is. As explained in my first
post if you use that everything is blocked by default independent of
existing rules in the filterlists. Only what gets an explicit *noop*
rule is allowed - and the filterlists are still applied. All other
network requests still remain completely blocked. This is something not
offered by other ad blockers.

> That of course doesn't help with RSS. But there, you subscribe yourself.

Sure. But that doesn't make the need to protect onself void.

Thomas