Privacy implications of email tracking

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Sun Oct 1 16:45:57 UTC 2017

This blog post summarises and links to what seems to be an interesting
paper about email privacy and tracking:
https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2017/09/28/i-never-signed-up-for-this-privacy-implications-of-email-tracking/

I'm offline as I write so I've not had a chance to read it, but they say:

"In Section 6.2 of the paper we survey 16 mail clients and find that a
patchwork of privacy features are employed, but that no setup offers
complete protection from the threats we identify."

Thunderbird was one of those clients; it might be useful to look at
whether there are addition privacy features that could be implemented.

Gerv