Thunderbird usage creeps up to new record

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Nov 29 18:25:06 UTC 2017

Checking the usage report today, I see that Thunderbird reached what I
believe is a new record in number of users yesterday Nov 27, 2017 (as
measured by ADI, the daily hits to the blocklist update). Typically we
estimate actual monthly users by 2.5 times this number since the ADI
count misses many classes of users.

Yesterday our ADI was 10,466,006 putting out estimated monthly users at
26 million.

Here's a graph by country (which may not survive the listserve):

I don't mean to imply that our usage is increasing dramatically, the
typical peak ADI has been around 10,000,000 for several years. But it is
certainly not declining, and if anything is slowly drifting upward.

:rkent