Thunderbird development

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Tue Nov 28 09:25:59 UTC 2017

On 11/28/17 5:15 AM, Paul Fernhout wrote:
> Thunderbird needs to be rewritten essentially
> from scratch, with a core ideally in a more type-safe language than
> C/C++ while leveraging existing libraries and tools (such as using
> Firefox Quantum as a client via web protocols and not via embedding).

Umm, C and C++ are completely different languages, and it's weird that
you discuss them together as being non-type-safe. AFAICR C++ is quite
type-safe unless you specifically circumvent type checks.

I'm not commenting to start an argument on language merit, though, but
rather to ask - is this your opinion or has there been a decision to
move away from C++ as a core language for a future TB?