Are most of the existing add-ons being sacrificed due to adding support for WebExtension?

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Wed Nov 22 21:29:40 UTC 2017

On 22-11-2017 16:11, Axel Grude wrote:
> I agree that this buys us some time (even though it is slightly
> awkward for use Addon authors) but the move to a fork is ultimately
> unavoidable.

Just to make it clear to everyone following and to avoid spreading false
rumors, there are no plans on doing a fork, and AFAIK exactly nobody
from the tb core team thinks that's a viable plan going forwards. What
may and will happen is that some parts dropped from mozilla-central will
move to comm-central if there are no good alternatives for us. Please
understand that this is a very different thing from a fork.

  -Magnus