Re: p≡p foundation and Enigmail

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Wed Nov 22 10:55:18 UTC 2017

The pEp Engine is a shared library written in C; the adapters link to
the library. The Enigmail adapter for pEp is an C++ executable that
works like a daemon (started per user), and is accessible via a local
TCP-socket (with some security measures to ensure that the server cannot
be used by other users). We use a JSON-REST API to access it.

Enigmail will not bundle pEp, but will download it if needed/requested.
The crypto work in pEp is done by gpg.

-Patrick