Re: p≡p foundation and Enigmail

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Wed Nov 22 07:39:19 UTC 2017

Concerning Enigmail, I completed the implementation of all pEp
functionality in July/August; it will be available in the next major
release of Enigmail.

The pEp concept is to have an Engine that does all the work, and
Adapters for the various front-ends/programming languages. I'm still
waiting for pEp to produce binaris of the Enigmail Adapter for all
platforms (Windows, Linux, macOS) and to resolve a few issues concerning
the adapter -- which may lead to some minor changes in Enigmail. I
cannot judge whether or not the pEp Engine is ready for a release, my
impression is that it's not yet.

The way it is implemented, Enigmail can be run with and without pEp. I
will certainly have to release a new version of Enigmail for TB 59;
whether or not pEp will be ready from day 1 or in a later minor upgrade
is yet unclear.

-Patrick