Thunderbird Governance 2018 - Council Elections

neandr neandr at gmx.de
Fri Nov 10 18:47:58 UTC 2017

FMPOV the 2017 process was handle very professional -- thanks to Gerv
and Ben (and others I missed to mention here) -- so there should be no
concern to repeat the same process with the next elections.

Not sure what the next steps for the TB Council 2018 elections are.
Today Mozilla dropped a Discource message \1\ which could lead to a
little changed process.
As they did, also TB Council candidates should be asked to not only
introduce them self, but give answers to some of the burning questions
Thunderbird is faced with. Like as a product / a open source project,
it's future and how he/she see the "home" of TB. For sure not a complete
list, but all candidates should answer to the same questions. This would
expand the Thunderbird Council Elections 2017 List \2\ with point 3.

Gerv just posted ..
> My proposal would be to make sure, in good time, we have a
> wider discussion about where to find contributors and how to evaluate
> their contributions, so we can have a better go at defining an
> appropriately-broad electorate.
.. that's a big +1 with me.

I felt with the 2016 election process there have been some "external"
people applying for the council, but the community -- afair -- decided
against those candidates. Wouldn't it be great to add a broader view to
the Council? I hope for that!

Günter

1\
https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/important-council-elections-november-2017-nominee-q-a/21201