Thunderbird.next/TB:NG/whateveritscalled Feature request/idea

Qwerty Chouskie asdfghrbljzmkd at outlook.com
Sun May 7 17:00:39 UTC 2017

The tricky thing there is Ring is written in Java, not JavaScript, so any code used to connect to that network would have to be written from scratch.

On 05/06/2017 06:58 PM, Óvári wrote:

Ring is free software for universal communication which respects freedoms and privacy of its users.

https://ring.cx<https://ring.cx/>

  1.  Free software

     *   Free

     *   Released under GPLv3 licence

     *   Supported by an active community

  2.  A network

     *   OpenDHT protocol

     *   Decentralized communication

     *   Peer-to-peer discovery and connection

  3.  Secured

     *   End-to-end encryption with authentification

     *   Identity managed by X.509 certificates

     *   Based on RSA/AES/DTLS/SRTP technologies

Ring (formerly SFLphone) is free distributed multimedia communication software published under the GNU General Public License 3. It is developed by Savoir-faire Linux with the help of a global community of users and contributors. Savoir-faire Linux is a Canadian company specialized in Linux and free software.

Perhaps Ring could be integrated into Thunderbird.next/TB:NG/whateveritscalled too?