Thunderbird.next/TB:NG/whateveritscalled Feature request/idea

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Sun May 7 12:38:29 UTC 2017

On 5/6/17 4:34 AM, Qwerty Chouskie wrote:
> I keep thinking I should write some really good, convincing email, but
> I keep not doing it, so I'll just make it simple.
>
> Is there any chance of Thunderbird.next/TB:NG/whateveritscalled having
> riot.im <https://riot.im/> integration?
Hi Folks,

thanks for making suggestions, we appreciate your support! While I can
certainly imagine integrations with third party services and software in
the future, I think we should concentrate on the core functionality
first ( like, reading email :D ) Once we are further down the line we
can consider such integrations.

However, the next version of Thunderbird will be designed in a way that
it would be easy to hook in new features, either through add-ons or as
core code. If done right, such integrations could also be contributed by
the community.

Philipp