Donations

harry harry_cube at muenchen-mail.de
Tue May 2 08:53:37 UTC 2017

I have another suggestion to increase  the amount of donations:

Thunderbird's 'donation page' is only visible to users when
Thunderbird's cache is cleared. And: probably for the most part, users
never do such a clearing of the cache. I myself hadn't seen this page
for quite a while until I started to use ccleaner which as a standard
cleans up Thunderbird's cache. (Never used TB's function in
'preferences->advanced->storage:  clear cache' -- I just looked this up
and didn't know TB had such a function).

I take care of the computer of some family members, so they use
Thunderbird and - since a shorter time - also this cache-clearing
function of ccleaner, and what I can tell is that seeing this page
prompted them to make a donation to Thunderbird.

So my suggestion is:  make Thunderbird's 'donation page' automatically
visible in the wake of installing an update of TB.  As of now, people
never get to see this page.  Many would actually be ready to give if
they only knew about.

harry