Proposal to start a new implementation of Thunderbird based on web technologies

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 04:00:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com>
wrote:

> I think we'll support IMAP from the start. I already have a partial,
> read-only implementation of IMAP and POP3 in JavaScript. Of course it's
> just a start, but it shows it's feasible.

Have you looked at GELAM[1]? It should have a fairly-complete JS
implementation of IMAP, POP3, and ActiveSync (although actually *using*
ActiveSync in a product may require licensing fees). There's also
glodastrophe[2], which might be a good jumping-off point for a JS-powerd
email client.

- Jim

[1] https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia-email-libs-and-more
[2] https://github.com/asutherland/glodastrophe