More users = More support requests

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:54:11 UTC 2017

On 3/28/17 4:08 AM, neandr wrote:
> Just to add a little question mark here.
> I have been around since years, sometimes to support and/or contribute
> (like with the New Zealand Contacts project). So I thought I have a
> good view onto the different docs, fores, bugzilla etc. ... but
> recently I noticed there are new setups like lithium -- seems I missed
> that transition.
>
> About doc isn't only '.. EVERYONE loves to do, right?' .. the first
> and most important point for users, volunteers, doc writers,
> developers, etc  is to know at all there is documentation, where to
> ask questions, where to get support. To know how all that is structured.
>
> A 'basic' user looking from inside TB for help would -- most hopefully
> -- find the hamburger --> Help Content (f1) and opens
> https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/ct-p/Thunderbird.

My daily version opens
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/ct-p/Thunderbird.  In the
English version it looks like

If you are seeing something else, it is a bug.

My understanding is that the redirects that date back to Mozilla
messaging were lost or not updated in the migration.  I also believe
that they are being updated.  It may also be an issue that some
localized information is hard coded by the localizers and some is left
to the smarts of the web site to detect.

Traditionally URLs where not supposed to contain any locale
information,  but they are in there as I understand it.
/
Matt/