More users = More support requests

BA ba at pep-project.org
Mon Mar 27 18:19:38 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I think that then one of the first to dos should be to identify who are our supporters. Do our contributions come from individuals, SMEs or larger companies? This should be an important element of the strategy going forward. Do we know how the different segments (individuals vs SME vs large company vs government,…) contribute to our monthly or yearly funding - I do know that we have a geographic breakdown but I have not seen any communication as to the donors’ profiles. If we do not know, we need to find a way to collect that information.

I think that is critical to know who is funding TB and then we should plan our actions based on that. This also should influence our way of thinking about support. Clearly the SME or larger organizations' needs for support are different from those of the individual users. I think it is critical that we know who is providing our financial support and make sure that we serve them well.

Furthermore, keep in mind that if support is subpar, we will lose more and more users. In my humble opinion, stability, features and support will be the key elements that will define the future for TB.

Kind regards,
-BA