More users = More support requests

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon Mar 27 19:35:33 UTC 2017

On 3/27/2017 1:38 PM, neandr wrote:
> Just to add a little question mark here.
> I have been around since years, sometimes to support and/or contribute
> (like with the New Zealand Contacts project). So I thought I have a good
> view onto the different docs, fores, bugzilla etc. ... but recently I
> noticed there are new setups like lithium -- seems I missed that
> transition.
>
> About doc isn't only '.. EVERYONE loves to do, right?' .. the first and
> most important point for users, volunteers, doc writers, developers,
> etc  is to know at all there is documentation, where to ask questions,
> where to get support. To know how all that is structured.
>
> A 'basic' user looking from inside TB for help would -- most hopefully
> -- find the hamburger --> Help Content (f1) and opens
> https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/ct-p/Thunderbird.
>
> Nice, try the "Emails Set up and send emails", good to find "Blocking a
> sender" .. but not more on EN pages,
> but on DE pages "Eine E-Mail aus der Kontakte-App verfassen" and
> "E-Mails mit Firefox OS weiterleiten".
> More subjects, links, support hints? Not that much!?

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/E-Mails/tkb-p/Emails-de looks to me like
a result of the conversion and therefore a bug. Please file one at
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=support.mozilla.org&component=Lithium%20Migration

> Ah sorry, on the named page at the top line we have a Help / Hilfe which
> opens some instructions how to use the support pages, but no additional
> Tb details -- afais.

Presumably you mean https://support.mozilla.org/t5/help/faqpage (please
also give links when you are describing an issue).  True, that gives you
general help about SUMO.

To get more Thunderbird help you would need to click on one of the links
in "Mozilla Hilfe - Deutsch   Thunderbird   E-Mails". Unfortunately (and
wrong IMO) that bar of information is deemphasized on the page in terms
of color and font size compared to other headings.  Again, maybe file a
bug?  (These are not things that the Thunderbird team controls)