More users = More support requests

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Mar 24 22:58:52 UTC 2017

Hey Bruno,

I can think of 3 ways to scale:

* The more users we get, the more active contributors we get that are
willing to help. That has a certain limit, though - power users much are
more likely to get active than average users.

* Questions will repeat. You can make a FAQ, or more elaborate self-help
systems with smart searches.

* Escalate common pain points. If you in support notice that many users
have a particular problem and you keep getting the same problem, there
should be a path how you can raise awareness of this to the product
manager / developers, and they can discuss how to fix this. If we do
that, the quality of the software will increase notably, it will be
smoother, and people will like it better. Of course the solution are not
necessarily that want the user suggest, but might be broader.

Ben